The DiEM25 Citizen University (DCU) Amsterdam is an initiative that aims at forming critical citizens who ask questions, participate in open public debates, actively think of the Europe they want to live in and thus contribute to democratically shape our current societies.
The DCU is about:
- asking questions,
- offering and evaluating arguments,
- debating with the other while recognising him/her as a full equal to yourself,
- acknowledging that we must think and work together.
The DCU is not about:
- left vs. right wing perspectives,
- reaching consensus and forcing everyone to agree,
- acquiring a certificate ‘issued’ by the DCU,
- identifying the dogmatic truth.
The DCU endorses the DiEM25 manifesto; read it here.